Pages

Friday 24 May 2013

DKNY: Resort 2014

Let's just take a moment and admire this splendid Resort 2014 collection by DKNY. I have to admit I immediatly thought this was 3.1 Philip Lim's lookbook because of the chic streetstyle influence clearly translating itself within the clothes. My jaw nearly dropped when I realized Donna Karan was the mastermind behind these amazing crochet maxi dresses and gold leather bomber jackets. These days, i've been obsessing over the constant evolution of streetwear. Clearly, sporty silhouettes are dominating in the industry and feminine touches such as lace are now a simple accent. To be quite honest, it's the perfect balance and I hope it won't change anytime soon. I just find myself wanting every piece of this collection because it would give me a reason to incorporate glam materials into my everyday life without even worrying a single bit of being overdressed. I mean, is there anything sexier than sweatpants paired with a transparent top and a loose blazer? No. 


The first look on the left is killer and makes me want to start wearing sweatpants everyday of my life. I assisted a fashion shoot a year ago and couldn't help but notice the stylist kept going back to the sweatpants and heels look in every board. I wasn't quite fond of the style back then but now you would need to be blind not to see the influence of this particular style. On the right, this mesh bomber inspired jacket is giving me chills by the coolness of it. Who wouldn't want to pair it with boyfriend jeans for an everyday look, it's just the type of piece you need in your closet... even if it's simply to admire it. 



It is clear to me that my love for DKNY has grown tremendously over the past years by the new era the company seems to have taken hold of. With that said, thank you Donna Karan for taking me back to the roots of New York fashion, i've fallen back in love.

Savannah



*Images are from style.com

1 comment:

  1. Great post Savannah...great information..when are you launching your app:)

    ReplyDelete